Community Outreach & Operations Manager (The LGBTQ Center of Long Beach)
Position: Community Outreach & Operations Manager
Reports To: Executive Director
Status: Exempt/ Full Time
Benefits: Medical, Vision, Dental, Paid Sick, Vacation, and 401(k) with Employer Contribution, Optional Life/Critical Illness Insurance
Probation: 90 days
The Community Outreach & Operations Manager is responsible for the efficient day-to-day operations of, and administrative duties associated with, programs, services, and events hosted by The LGBTQ Center of Long Beach (The Center). This includes managing and supervising office procedures and daily operations of The Center, as well as supporting the Executive Director with the planning and execution of numerous annual and one-time events. Day-to-day operational and administrative oversight includes volunteer services, contract management, client inquiries, external client and vendor communications, supply and inventory acquisition and maintenance, IT maintenance coordination, social media and website management, supporting the Executive Director and other duties as assigned. The Community Outreach & Operations Manager has two direct reports, the Community Resource and Volunteer Coordinator and Facilities Coordinator. Must be available to work evenings and weekends regularly.
• Assist clients in accessing services within agency, provides external referrals as needed.
• Maintain and update social media, flyers, website, and other marketing materials or delegates as appropriate.
• Communicate with IT to ensure effective internal operations.
• Manage, oversee, and maximize government contract compliance, as requested by the Executive Director.
• Initiate billing and maintain proper documentation of outreach, education, support group, and volunteer activities as required by program funding sources.
• Track organizational performance objectives for contracts.
• Manage, recruit, train and supervise all volunteers. Maintain adequate volunteer staffing. This includes scheduling and task assignment. Delegate as appropriate.
• Assist with office management, implementation of procedures, records management and collection, and reporting of statistics.
• Coordinate special event volunteer recruitment, planning, and event execution.
• Manage the coverage of the Help Desk and information referrals, including answering phones and greeting the public when necessary or delegates as appropriate.
• Provide support to Executive Director, and Board Members, as requested by Executive Director.
• Attend all required staff, Board, and agency meetings.
• Represent The Center at required community meetings and events.
• Coordinate all necessary maintenance and improvements to facility.
• Provide technical support and setup for new employee/volunteer phone extensions,
building and account access.
• Manage agency inventory and maintain and order adequate supplies for all departments.
• Coordinate regular volunteer appreciate events.
• Collect and records monies for finance (not limited to but including support groups,
donations, and Cyber Center).
• Other duties as necessary or as assigned.
Desired Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
• B.A. degree or minimum five years non-profit employment experience required.
• 2 years of non-profit management experience required, including management of paid
• Outgoing personality with high level of comfort meeting new people and establishing
respectful rapport with diverse populations.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills, tact, discretion, and diplomacy. Ability to appropriately
manage confidential information.
• Experience in program development preferred.
• Strong commitment to and understanding of LGBTQ people, communities, and related
• Strong interpersonal, organizational, and computer proficiency, including social media,
• Computer proficiency including the Microsoft Office Suite required.
• Experience with WordPress and graphic design strongly desired.
• Strong leadership capacity.
• Self-motivating, with exceptional time management skills.
• Experience with donor database software preferred. Previous experience with Salesforce
• Evenings and weekends required semi-regularly.
• Bilingual English/Spanish preferred. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Please send cover letter and resume to: Porter Gilberg, Executive Director, The LGBTQ
Center of Long Beach by E-Mail to email@example.com or by fax to 562.433.6428
2017 E. Fourth Street,
Long Beach, CA 90814
The LGBTQ Center of Long Beach is an equal opportunity employer. Applications
are encouraged from anyone regardless of their race, color, national origin,
ancestry, sex, gender identity, marital status, religious creed, sexual orientation, or