Clinical Therapist – Long Beach (The Guidance Center)
Location: Long Beach, CA
Classification/Status: Exempt/ Full-Time
About The Guidance Center (TGC):
The Guidance Center is a private, nonprofit community agency incorporated in California in 1946. We operate four mental health service delivery sites in southeast LA County, including Long Beach, San Pedro, Compton, and Avalon (Catalina Island). The mission of TGC is to provide comprehensive mental health treatment to our community’s most disadvantaged children and their families struggling with mental illness and abuse, leading them toward a positive and productive future. TGC offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 403b with employer match, vacation, and 14 paid holidays.
The Clinical Therapist provides therapeutic services through assessment, individual, collateral, group, family, and/or other modes of psychotherapy to enable clients to reach and maintain optimal level(s) of functioning. Needs to be able to work effectively with a range of both clients and staff from diverse ethnic and cultural background, and in a multidisciplinary setting and be able to work effectively as part of a treatment team that includes other therapists, case manager/rehabilitation specialist, and psychiatrist.
Works well under pressure; meet multiple and sometimes competing deadlines and at all times demonstrate ethical and cooperative behavior with staff, clients, visitors, and others associated with The Guidance Center.
Regular attendance is an important factor in employee job performance in order for The Guidance Center to maintain efficient operations. Employee would be expected to report to work as scheduled and on time.
• Master’s or doctoral degree from a nationally recognized accredited school or program offering a degree in social work, counseling, psychology, or equivalent mental health related field; plus appropriate field placement.
• California LCSW or LMFT license or registration in California as an ASW or MFTI
• Two years’ experience with DMH paperwork highly desirable, excellent documentation skills
• Bilingual in Spanish and English is required. Stipend provided.
Duties (but not limited to):
- Provides a specific amount of direct services to with regard to prevailing workload standards including but not limited to providing direct clinical, psychosocial, and/or rehabilitative mental health services to clients, including but not limited to intake evaluation/ assessment, individual, collateral, group, family, psychotherapy or counseling, crisis intervention, and emergency intakes, in-home, community services, and/or services at other locations away from the office. Coordination of services and case management, discharge planning, and case consultation with referral sources, school, allied agencies, and others.
- Serves as primary therapist/coordinator of mental health services for assigned cases.
- Maintains and completes all clinical and administrative record keeping associated with the delivery of services.
- Interacts with the community at large and with specific allied agencies, other programs, and funding sources in a manner that facilitates and enhances the operation of The Guidance Center. In doing so, must understand the mission of the program and The Guidance Center.
Equal Employment Opportunities:
The Guidance Center provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy (including breastfeeding and conditions related to breastfeeding), genetic information, marital status, ancestry or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The Guidance Center complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. We are firmly committed to maintaining a work setting in which people of diverse backgrounds and lifestyles may grow personally and professionally.
The Guidance Center expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on an individual’s race, ancestry, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), national origin, marital status, sex (including sexual harassment and gender identity), sexual orientation, disability (physical or mental including HIV/AIDS diagnosis), pregnancy (including breastfeeding and conditions related to breastfeeding), medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics), age (40 or over), military and veteran status, or exercising the right to any legally provided leave of absence in the application of any policy, practice, rule or regulation. Improper interference with the ability of The Guidance Center employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.
How to Apply:
For immediate consideration, please submit resume to email@example.com