Clinical Supervisor (Jewish Family & Children’s Service)
OVERVIEW OF POSITION
Jewish Family and Children’s Service of Long Beach and West Orange County (JFCS) provides office-based and school-based counseling services, domestic violence and other group services, older adult services (including services for Holocaust survivors) and social work services to the local community and beyond. Counseling Services focus on providing individual, couples, family, and group counseling to individuals across the age span. Community-Based Services focus on key elements of JFCS School-Based Counseling and JFCS Domestic Violence Services. JFCS is a private, non-profit agency serving clients on a sliding-scale basis.
The Clinical Supervisor supports the agency’s Counseling, and Community-Based School Counseling Services management in the recruitment, training, supervision, and evaluation of assigned student clinicians, including graduate/postgraduate level Trainees, Associates, and Interns. The Clinical Supervisor is on call evenings and weekends on a rotating basis for clinical consultation or emergencies. This individual reports to the Director of Clinical Services.
This position is full-time, at 37.50 hours per week, Monday-Friday.
• Ensures compliance with agency procedures and best practices in the field.
• Ensures services comply with legal and ethical standards of practice, including HIPAA.
• Supervises and evaluates student clinicians/interns to support the social and emotional development, safety, and well-being of each client.
• Attends and actively participates in weekly clinical team meetings.
• Provides appropriate feedback and training for clinicians through review of client clinical records to ensure quality and compliance with all reporting requirements.
• Establishes and maintains positive relationships with teaching institutions.
• Assists with data collection.
• Participates in program development.
• Represents the agency at community activities and special programs.
• Provides in-service trainings for JFCS staff and interns.
• Other tasks and duties as assigned.
• Attends meetings and agency functions as required.
• Participates in yearly performance evaluation with supervisor.
• Master’s Degree in Social Work, or Marriage & Family Therapy from an accredited university.
• Board of Behavioral Sciences license (LCSW or LMFT) current and in good standing.
• Meets the Board of Behavioral Sciences requirement (2 years post-licensure) and completion of BBS-required clinical supervision training for Social Work clinicians (15 hours, one-time) and Marriage and Family Therapy clinicians (6 hours every renewal period).
• Familiarity with person-centered, humanistic, attachment-based, and trauma-focused approaches to the clinical supervision process.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong organization and time management skills.
• Familiarity with community and knowledge of resources is desirable but not required.
• Proficient in Excel, other Outlook functions.
• Bilingual in Spanish and English is a strength.
• Valid California Driver’s License, a reliable automobile and proof of liability insurance.
The Clinical Supervisor candidate is committed to providing quality services to clients, a team player, collaborative, flexible, adaptable, and engages in constructive problem-solving. A strong candidate values and enjoys connection with student clinicians, promotes/supports a collegial environment, understands the role of a supervisor in a training site for student learners vs. employees, and is invested in cultivating a supportive, professional learning environment.
Salary info: Starting at 60k per year or based on experience/education level.
To Apply: Email Resume and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3801 E. Willow Street • Long Beach, CA
Telephone: 562-427-7916 • Fax: 562-427-7910