CLIENT RESOURCES COORDINATOR III (CATHOLIC CHARITIES)
Client Resources Coordinator III- Pregnant & Parenting Youth (PART-TIME)
The Landing– Venice Beach
Catholic Charities of Los Angeles, Inc. is one of the largest human services providers in California and operates 24 community centers and five homeless shelters, as well as a variety of programs serving the poor including: in-home services for homebound seniors; refugee resettlement; youth employment services; counseling; affordable before-and-after school care; immigration assistance; pre-school for low-income children; and temporary worker center. In addition, Catholic Charities oversees Catholic Youth Organization (CYO), which coordinates interscholastic athletics for the elementary schools of the Archdiocese of Los Angeles.
The Landing at St. Robert’s Center in Venice is a new, one-of-a-kind, locally-supported pregnant and parenting wellness and respite center supporting young parents and soon-to-be parents, ages 14-24 and their children. We provide a safe, trauma-informed, “home” environment supporting positive parent/child attachments and parenting skills, healthy living and lifestyle choices, stress reduction and emotional well-being, and guidance with healing past trauma- all in a nurturing environment of mentoring and peer community building. We welcome all genders, races, ethnicities, and religious beliefs. We are seeking an innovative, self-starter, a Masters level professional with experience and passion working with at-risk and homeless pregnant and parenting youth.
Primary duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assist with all aspects of planning and launching a new pregnant and parenting youth program from ground level, including creation of policies and procedures, developing materials and class curriculum, and outreach to referring agencies and youth clients.
- Case manage and assist pregnant and parenting youth with personal, educational and parenting goals. Assesses client needs and develops problem solving relationships with clients. Develops plans to fulfill assessment goals and referrals where appropriate and necessary. Serves clients through counseling, advocacy, and guidance.
- Conduct and lead parenting groups and educational classes.
- Provide safe, trauma-informed, supportive environment for clients.
- Prepare intake, closing and progress reports on clients and maintains all paperwork at a professional level according to guidelines.
- Highly sensitive to trauma impacted youth’s characteristics and needs.
- Perform related duties as requested by Regional Director.
- Master’s degree – social work, public health, or other related field (non-licensed)
- At least 5 years of direct experience and passion for working with at-risk and homeless pregnant & parenting youth
- Organized, strong attention to detail, and effective follow through.
- General knowledge of database, spreadsheets and Microsoft Office Programs.
- Excellent English oral & written communication
Hours: Part Time, 20 hours/week, Mondays/Wednesdays/Fridays
Salary: $20.80 per hour