CLIENT RESOURCES COORDINATOR II (CATHOLIC CHARITIES)
The Archdiocesan Youth Employment Services (AYE) of Catholic Charities of Los Angeles, Inc. provides over 2,000 less privileged youth with job training, educational and career services each year. An additional 1,500 young people receive referral and job placement assistance through an extensive network of employers and community organizations.
AYES is seeking an experience individual passionate about working with the youth to serve clients through counseling, advocacy, and guidance. Assesses clients; needs and counsels them in regard to achieving their personal goals; develops and carries out care plan and answers their inquiries. Participates in outreach programs; represents Program at community meetings. Helps prepare necessary reports, requisitions, and statistics.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provides educational assessment and instruction necessary to achieve competency approved by the Private Industry Council.
- Coordinates delivery of services by making referrals including referrals for financial assistance to clients in need of emergency food, shelter, clothing, rental assistance, transportation, medical, and special needs.
- Serves as advocate with government agencies to obtain public assistance.
- Reassess clients to determine if services are progressing according to plan.
- Participates in outreach programs; represents Program/Region at community meetings.
- Helps prepare necessary reports, requisitions and statistics.
- Develops and implements as individualized study plan for remediation and Basic Skills Training.
- Assists in development of Individual service Strategy (ISS) for clients in their career and vocational plans.
- Assists with post-program follow-up and progress of clients to evaluate effectiveness of competency program.
- Assists with recruitment, assessment, placement and follow-up of client services.
- Conducts pre and post testing of clients to evaluate effectiveness of educational services and competency of clients.
- Provides regular evaluation of client programs to ensure satisfactory progress.
- Supervise volunteer and intake personnel providing client services.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; completion of 2 years of college required
- One to three years related experience.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships.
- Must have excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Maintain accurate and orderly records
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Prefer individual with strong commitment and passion for AYE mission and services (See www.ayela.org).
Benefits: Generous Benefits package to include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 12 paid vacation days per year, 10 paid vacation days per year, 12 paid holidays per year, long and short term disability, AFLAC Available.
Salary: $13.25 – $20.24
How to apply: Simultaneously email cover letter and resume to: (1) Catholic Charities of Los Angeles Human Resources Department;, firstname.lastname@example.org and (2) Program Director, Archdiocesan Youth Employment Services, email@example.com,. Only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.