CLIENT RESOURCES COORDINATOR I (CATHOLIC CHARITIES)
Monterey Park, Los Angeles,
The Archdiocesan Youth Employment Services (AYE) of Catholic Charities of Los Angeles, Inc. provides over 2,000 less privileged youth with job training, educational and career services each year. An additional 1,500 young people receive referral and job placement assistance through an extensive network of employers and community organizations.
AYES is seeking an individual to assist and support higher level Client Resource Coordinators in the provisions of a variety of social and youth services.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for determining clients’ eligibility for Agency programs or referral to government programs.
- Interview and obtains background information from clients, initiates and processes casework, identifies applicants; needs and makes appropriate referrals for health, social and employment services.
- Assist clients to complete and submit application forms for government and other social service agencies.
- Provide support services to individuals residing in the community.
- Perform some or all of the following functions: provides training on an individual basis for such skills as personal hygiene, clothing care, mobility, taking medicines, managing money, meal planning/preparation, etc.
- Assist with meal planning/preparation, household maintenance, communication, community participation, medical appointments, etc.
- Makes routine community contacts with such institutions as schools, medical facilities and social service departments.
- May locate and make use of appropriate community resources for clients.
- May evaluate actual living conditions of clients through home visits.
- Assist with casework administration.
- Coordinate and assists in the preparation of client mass orientations.
- Assist in the scheduled mailing for screening interviews.
- Assist higher-level Client Resources Coordinators in updating client contact logs, maintains necessary files and statistical information on clients.
- Prepare reports and related analysis of data.
- Input and transmits data.
- Monitors participants; progress reports.
- Maintain confidentiality of client information and records.
- Associate Degree (AA)
- Six to twelve months of related experience.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships.
- Must have excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Writes clearly and informatively
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Prefer individual with strong commitment and passion for AYE mission and services (See www.ayela.org).
Benefits: Generous Benefits package to include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 15 paid vacation days per year, 10 paid vacation days per year, 12 paid holidays per year, long and short term disability, AFLAC Available.
Salary: $13.25 – $16.89 per hour
How to apply: Simultaneously email cover letter and resume to: (1) Catholic Charities of Los Angeles Human Resources Department;, firstname.lastname@example.org and (2) Program Director, Archdiocesan Youth Employment Services, email@example.com,. Only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.