CHILDREN’S PROGRAM AIDE-TEMPORARY POSITION (RAINBOW SERVICES, LTD.)
- About the agency: Rainbow Services is an affirmative action equal opportunity employer that provides comprehensive services to survivors of domestic violence and their children.
- Reports to: Children’s Program Coordinator
- Status: Hourly, non-exempt
- Hours: Part-time temporary
Job Summary: The Children’s Program Aide temp operates under the direction of the Children’s Program Coordinator to provide childcare for resident and non-resident children while their caregiver participates in meetings and sessions at Rainbow Services.
Duties May Include, but are not Limited to:
- Provide age appropriate socio-emotional activities/lesson plans for multi-age ranged children.
- Provide parent/child interaction for shelter residents.
- Provide childcare for residents when attending groups, meetings, and/or counseling sessions as they arise.
- Work closely with other staff and/or volunteers in provision of recreational, self-esteem building activities for children.
- Ability to provide non-violent resolution of conflict between children.
- Ability to maintain safe and sanitary conditions in the children’s play areas.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Manage and document services in a timely manner.
- Assist with organizing and sorting donations as needed.
- All other duties as assigned by their supervisor.
- Early Childhood Education or related experience in a childcare setting is preferred.
- Special priority given to those with experience in the field of domestic violence intervention.
- Empathy and ability to demonstrate care and concern for children.
- Knowledge of positive behavior management techniques for children is preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word and Excel)/ Computer Literacy.
- Effective communication skills.
- Ability to work afternoon and evening hours.
- Bilingual Spanish/English preferred.
- Proof of eligibility to work in the U.S. required.
- California ID or Drivers License needed.
Work Environment: Shelters or Resource Center
TO APPLY: Send cover letter & resume to email@example.com or fax to 310-548-0611
It is the policy of Rainbow Services to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard for their race, age, color, physical handicap or disability, military service record, religion, gender, national origin, genetic information or any other legally protected category and to promote the full realization of equal employment opportunity.