CHILDREN’S PROGRAM AIDE (RAINBOW SERVICES, LTD.)
• About the agency: Rainbow Services is an affirmative action equal opportunity employer that provides comprehensive services to survivors of domestic violence and their children.
• Reports to: Children’s Program Coordinator
• Status: Hourly, non-exempt
• Hours: Part-time
Job Summary: The Children’s Program Aide operates under the direction of the Children’s Program Coordinator to provide childcare for resident and non-resident children while their caregiver participates in meetings and services at Rainbow Services.
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Provide age-appropriate, socio-emotional activities/lesson plans for children of various ages.
- Provide parent/child interaction activities for shelter residents.
- Provide childcare for residents when attending groups, meetings, and/or counseling sessions as needed.
- Work closely with other staff and/or volunteers to provide recreational, self-esteem building activities for children.
- Support children in building their non-violent conflict resolution skills.
- Assist with the training of volunteers in the children’s program.
- Maintain safe and sanitary conditions in the children’s play areas.
- Attend meetings and other activities related to the children’s program activities, including staff meetings, holiday events and events for shelter families.
- Manage and document services in a timely and accurate manner.
- Support with answering telephone calls at the Resource Center and/or hotline calls and provide information, assessment, and referrals as needed.
- Support with other office duties as needed at the Resource Center and/or residential offices.
- Assist with organizing and sorting donations as needed.
- All other duties as assigned by their supervisor.
- Early Childhood Education or related experience in a childcare setting is preferred.
- Ability to demonstrate care and empathy for children.
- Knowledge of positive behavior management techniques for children is preferred.
- Special priority given to those with experience in the field of domestic violence intervention.
- Interest in addressing social justice issues affecting families and vulnerable groups, and a commitment to the movement to end intimate partner violence.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word and Excel) and general computer literacy.
- Effective communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work afternoon and evening hours.
- Bilingual Spanish/English required.
- Proof of eligibility to work in the U.S. required.
- California ID or Drivers License required.
- State-mandated 40-hour domestic violence training will be provided and is required.
Work Environment: Shelters or Resource Center
TO APPLY: Send cover letter & resume to email@example.com or fax to 310-548-0611
It is the policy of Rainbow Services to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard for their race, age, color, physical handicap or disability, military service record, religion, gender, national origin, genetic information or any other legally protected category and to promote the full realization of equal employment opportunity.