CHILD DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM DIRECTOR (CATHOLIC CHARITIES)
ADESTE After School Programs – Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Westchester
Home Office Location- South Los Angeles
Catholic Charities of Los Angeles, Inc., one of the largest not-for-profit, non-governmental social service agencies in LA County, is seeking a motivated, independent, self-starter with a passion for working with children. The Director will oversee and supervise three locations of the ADESTE child care and development programs which provide after school services to elementary aged children. Home office location- South L.A. with weekly travel to Westside locations.
The Child Development Program Director will report to the Regional Director and provide overall management and coordination of the program, including:
- Staffing Oversight & Supervision: Recruits, screens, interviews, hires, supervises, evaluates, and terminates child care staff, according to CCLA policy and procedure and maintains adequate substitute staff in case of illness or emergency, including stepping in to cover classrooms when necessary. Prepares annual staff training plan according to CCLA, COA, CDE, CCL requirements – conducts in-services and new employee orientations, submits training verification forms to HR and tracks staff training templates.
- Program Management: Ensures program is in compliance with state and applicable licensing requirements and safety regulations – visits sites regularly, audits compliance, prepares site licensing applications, updates licensing documents for new/terminated staff, location, etc., checks fingerprint clearance and associate new staff with facility prior to working at facility, communicates with licensing analysts. Oversees new and ongoing data entry into statistical data base system.
Oversees the maintenance of parent contracts, enrollment charts, daily attendance reports, fee collection, payment ledgers and other required documentation at each site. Annual reports and requirements – oversees and prepares annual outcome measurement framework, annual program self-evaluation, CQI plan, Parent/Guardian Handbook and contract, and site service agreements. Prepares and monitors annual budgets for each site. Maintains regular contact with principals of assigned school sites. Creates annual strategy, plan to expand existing programs and develop and market new programs.
- Child Development Program Director Permit through the state of California Commission on Teacher Credentialing or eligible and willing to apply.
- Bachelor’s degree in Child Development or minor in Child Development
- Must maintain current infant, child and adult CPR certificate (15 hours)
- At least 3-5 years of experience working in a licensed child development program.
- Must have supervisory experience, self-starter, self-motivated and creative.
- Excellent written, communication, public speaking, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office.
Hours: 9:00 am – 6:00 pm, M-F
Benefits: Excellent Benefits Package to include medical, dental, vision, life insurance.
Also include 15 vacation days per year and 10 sick days per year & 12 paid holidays.
How to apply: Email resume & cover letter to hrjobs@CCharities.org. & Regional Director LPerreault@CCharities.org