Case Manager (Kingdom Causes Bellflower)
Position Title: Case Manager
About the Organization:
Kingdom Causes Bellflower (KCB) is a faith-based non-profit organization located in the City of Bellflower. We are known for providing top notch, empowering community and individual programming in the areas of community development, social enterprise/workforce development, and housing. We are a trusted partner and known for our ability to collaborate well with other stakeholders as we seek dignifying solutions for our community. We are a team highly committed to implementing our mission ‘to be a catalyst that inspires, connects and mobilizes people towards personal and community transformation’.
Under the supervision of the Director of Housing Stability, the Case Manager’s primary roles are to work collaboratively with the Lead Case Manager to provide retention case management services to newly-housed homeless neighbors in their permanent housing placements and prevention case management to neighbors at risk of becoming homeless. The Case Manager will work with individuals and families in the Bellflower-LMIHAF (Low to Moderate Income Housing Assistance Fund), Norwalk-HPRP (Homelessness Prevention and Rapid-Rehousing Program), and Paramount-HPRP programs to help prevent homelessness and rapidly rehouse homeless neighbors in their respective cities.
- In collaboration with the Director of Housing Stability, develop neighbor-specific case management plans for individual neighbors once housed
- Works closely with Lead Case Manager for guidance and collaboration in regard to case management implementation
- Provide regular case management and support housing stability goals with recently-housed neighbors
- Complete case notes, assessments and case management paperwork and input appropriate date into the Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) on a regular basis
- Assess neighbors referred to prevention and rapid-rehousing programs and gather all necessary documents as required by the respective programs
- Attend case conferencing meetings with Director of Housing Stability, Lead Case Manager and other housing team staff members as needed
- Assist in connecting individuals and families with needed supportive services such as physical health, mental health, substance abuse treatment services, etc.
- Assist Housing Navigator in helping neighbors navigate the housing process, including housing search, lease signing, and tenant rights and responsibilities education
- Work alongside housing team to move homeless neighbors into permanent housing
- Provide mediation with landlord and/or property manager as necessary
- Attend city staff and city council meetings as requested by the Director of Housing Stability
- Attend collaborative meetings within the community (e.g. SPA 7 Homeless Coalition, COG Outreach meetings, etc.) as needed
- Attend weekly KCB Housing team meetings
- Work collaboratively with volunteers and other local community members who are invested in supporting homeless and recently-housed neighbors
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college/university, preferably in social work or related field, plus two year’s relevant experience, OR four year’s relevant experience
- Dedicated to the mission and vision of Kingdom Causes Bellflower
- Knowledge of challenges associated with homelessness, including mental illness, substance abuse, violence, and isolation
- Knowledge of principles and techniques of ‘beginning where someone is at’, engaging participants, establishing rapport, and building relationships
- Knowledge of principles and techniques of advising participants regarding personal, economic, emotional, and social problems
- Knowledge of basic de-escalation techniques
- Knowledge of functions of community resources available to the participants
- Knowledge of principles and techniques of preparing narrative reports
- Knowledge of preparing Supplemental Security Income applications (preferred)
- Knowledge of local community of Bellflower (preferred)
- Ability to maintain appropriate and professional boundaries
- Ability to organize time and responsibilities and to handle work demands and timelines
- Ability to work independently and continue moving caseload forward
- Ability to access support and guidance as necessary
- Ability to be flexible and deal with changing priorities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Is able to work flexible hours
- Possesses a valid California driver’s license, proof of insurance and a clean driving record
- Speaks conversational Spanish (preferred)
Accountability and Review:
Position reports to: Director of Housing Stability
Performance Review: 3-month probationary period with a performance review, followed by annual reviews.
FLSA Status: Hourly
Payroll Status: Non-Exempt
Work Schedule: Full-time, 40 hrs a week
Physical Demands, Environmental Conditions, Equipment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disability to perform the essential job functions. Employee is required to: walk and climb stairs; reach with hands and arms; be mobile by moving oneself from place to place quickly and easily; carry and lift; climb hills; bend, stoop or kneel; operate a computer keyboard; able to complete all forms in personal writing; make and receive telephone calls; use copier. Employee will be subjected to outside environmental conditions while conducting various levels of outreach to homeless neighbors. In addition to working in a typical office environment, the navigator will be required to work in areas inhabited by homeless persons, to include working in dirty environments and dealing with challenging individuals.
To apply, send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Kingdom Causes Bellflower is committed to non-discrimination and equal opportunity in employment.