Campaign Coordinator (JSGF: Long Beach Gives)
The Josephine S. Gumbiner Foundation (JSGF) seeks to hire a full time coordinator who will manage and implement the Long Beach Gives campaign, a 24 hour online giving day that will take place in September of 2020. This position will report to Julie Meenan, JSGF Executive Director. Due to the collaborative nature of LBG, the selected individual will work closely with The Nonprofit Partnership, participating nonprofit organizations, LBG work group, steering committee, ambassadors and sponsors.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create, monitor and implement campaign timeline, including plans for fundraising, training, digital and print marketing, social media content creation and postings, publicity, business partners and City of Long Beach support.
- Manage and coordinate partners, subcontractors and the LBG Steering Committee. Management includes the creation of agendas, meeting minutes, action items and on the establishment and implementation of participant parameters, campaign policies and social media criteria.
- Coordinate with the work group on outreach and dissemination of information to nonprofits eligible to apply to participate in the giving day.
- Research existing crowd sourced fundraising companies and present results to steering committee to select the company which offers features and customer systems that best meets the requirements of the LBG 2020 campaign.
- Support fundraising and sponsorship acquisition led by steering committee.
- In coordination with The Nonprofit Partnership, monitor and update website containing LBG resources, training and sponsorship information.
- Lead effort to update existing digital asset toolkit.
- Review and update existing marketing toolkit and templates to ensure consistent brand messaging by all participants and overall campaign marketing.
- Oversee digital fundraising strategies and messaging calendars of nonprofit organizations including social media posts and crowd funding platform narratives.
- Establish criteria, design and placement for overall campaign promotion and postings.
- Evaluate and monitor campaign to propose suggestions and modifications for improvement.
- Support JSGF and LBG with other administrative duties as assigned.
- College degree preferred, with 1 – 2 years in the nonprofit sector as a staff or volunteer.
- Marketing experience, including social media and online campaigns, creating and editing digital and print media in Adobe Acrobat, Canva, Photoshop, Pagemodo and/or Lightroom.
- Fund development and campaign management experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Grant writing experiences a plus.
- Self-starter with good time-management, planning and problem-solving skills.
Pay rate: $55,000
To be considered for this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the best way and time to reach you. Job posting will close on January 31, 2020.
The Josephine S. Gumbiner Foundation (JSGF) was established in 1989 to support nonprofit organizations that enrich the lives of women and children in Long Beach. The JSGF is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.