Best Start Wilmington Network Building Grant Program
Request for Proposals 2021
Full Proposals and Application Links:
Best Start Wilmington is a First 5 LA initiative working to develop healthier communities for young children and their families. Best Start brings together parents, community organizations, institutions, and other stakeholders to improve policies and resources through advocacy and systems change approaches. Best Start Wilmington also provides resources, skill-building and leadership training opportunities to help the community achieve its goals and ensure that children are safer, healthier, and ready to learn.
The purpose of this grant program is to strengthen the collective will within communities, organizations, and systems to promote the safety, healthy development, and well-being for children prenatal to age five and their families across the Best Start Region 4 communities of Central Long Beach and Wilmington. The boundaries of these communities can be found here: https://www.first5la.org/article/best-start-communities-map/
All Best Start Communities have priorities that make up their Community Change Agenda. All network building and collaboration grant requests must align with a minimum of one priority area.
Best Start Wilmington Community Change Agenda RFP Focus:
1. Environment – Increase available green spaces to improve air quality, reduce trash/bulk and shape the environment
2. Immigration – Educate and stabilize immigration status for family households to continue to positively raise their children
3. Projects focused on the population aged 0-5
Funding requests up to a maximum of $20,000 will be considered.
- Requests for Proposals made available: April 7, 2021
- Grant Program Information Sessions: April 20, 2021 @11am
- Requests for Proposals due: April 29, 2021 @ 5:00pm
- Grant decisions made: May 2021
You will be informed by email if your grant has been approved or declined.
- Applicants must have programs operating within the service area of Best Start Region 4
- Applicants must operate without illegal discrimination on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin or disability.
- Events that have a religious or political focus are not eligible.
- All grantees will be required to participate in The Nonprofit Partnership’s systems change evaluation process.
GRANT INFORMATION SESSIONS
There will be one information session in the Best Start Wilmington community. The information session is not mandatory and will not impact your ability to receive funding.
April 20 11am-12pm via Zoom
Register here to receive the link: https://forms.gle/ApwjZRsmyNz49JSF7
Additionally, any questions about this grant can be sent to Christina Hall, Best Start Program Manager or David McGill, Best Start Program Coordinator by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PROPOSAL EVALUATION CRITERIA
Proposals are evaluated by a review committee who will determine the extent to which they meet following criteria:
- Proposed program is compatible with your organization’s mission and the purpose of grant program stated above
- The program effectively addresses the identified Community Change Agenda priority and can produce an impactful and innovative solution
- The organization effectively describes how they can help grow the partnership and add value to the Community Change Agenda
- Reflects experience with targeted community(ies) and access to the populations to be served
- Objectives are clear, compelling, measurable and achievable within the funding period
- There is a realistic budget to support the program proposed demonstrating efficiency in use of funds (such as sharing equipment, leveraging or matching funds, or seeking support from multiple sources)
Proposals must be emailed to email@example.com no later than 5:00 p.m. on April 29, 2021. In the subject line of your email state the grant program and your organization’s name.