Best Start Systems Change Manager (The Nonprofit Partnership)
Status: Full Time
Reports to: Program Manager
About The Nonprofit Partnership:
The Nonprofit Partnership (TNP) is a regional capacity builder for community organizations, supporting nonprofit organizations and professionals for 28 years. Focused on providing opportunities to expand learning, and professional and organizational growth, TNP supports hundreds of organizations each year to reach greater impact in their communities. TNP currently serves over 1,300 individuals each year, providing professional development, leadership training, coaching, and facilitation to meet the needs of the community in three ways (or what we refer to as the three gears of capacity building): Individual, Organization, and Sector support. Our approach is one that focuses on the delivery of quality, individualized support and resources to client organizations with training and education, customized support, and collaboration.
Summary of Position:
The Best Start Systems Change Manager is responsible for supporting the growth of the Best Start Initiative in Region 4 (Central long Beach and Wilmington). This position will work closely with partner organizations leading community change work at the local level, with a focus on deepening engagement by organizations, and a focus on policy and systems. The ideal candidate must have knowledge of the application of network building, community change work, and systems change methodologies as well as the ability to create and manage project plans to support each community’s respective priority areas.
- Work with lead community-based organizations (LNs) ensure that resources and funded projects meet systems change goals, have achievable metrics, and incorporate elements that will ensure sustainability in the longer term.
- Track city, county, school district and port decision making bodies across the region to identify points of intersection with CCA priorities. Work with LN teams to help activate network members around these advocacy items.
- Be a thought-partner to LNs and community members to ensure short-term work will lead to long-term systems change.
- Supports evaluation including but not limited to distribution and collection of evaluation tools, tracking, and reporting, including policy/advocacy efforts.
- Seek opportunities to contribute to the growth of network of stakeholders in each community as well as across the region.
- Have the ability to communicate effectively with funders and other stakeholders using sound judgement and professionalism.
- BA degree in in related field preferred.
- 3-5 years of work or volunteer experience in a related field.
- Grounding in systems change and resident-driven change methodologies and techniques
- Knowledge of facilitation practices and techniques
- Experience working in underserved and diverse communities on PSE or collective impact efforts.
- Strong time management skills; highly organized and detail- oriented.
- Excellent communicator with exceptional interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- When COVID-19 health and safety permit, be willing and able to travel about 30% of the month with some evening hours required.
- Bilingual preferred (Spanish or Khmer)
Salary: $50,000 – 58,000
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Best Start Systems Change Manager” in the subject line.
Deadline to apply: April 16, 2021.