Best Start Central Long Beach Network Building Grant Program
Request for Proposals 2021
Full Proposal & Application Links:
An initiative of First 5 LA, Best Start is working to create the best possible community for young children and their families. Best Start brings together parents, community organizations, institutions, and others to improve policies and resources to better support parents and create a community where children and families can thrive. Best Start also provides skill-building and leadership training to help the group achieve its goals and ensure that children are safe, healthy, and ready to learn.
The purpose of this grant program is to strengthen the collective will within communities, organizations, and systems to promote the safety, healthy development, and well-being for children prenatal to age five and their families across the Best Start Region 4 communities of Central Long Beach and Wilmington. The boundaries of these communities can be found here: https://www.first5la.org/article/best-start-communities-map/
All Best Start Communities have priorities that make up their Community Change Agenda. All network building grant requests must align with a minimum of one priority area.
Central Long Beach Priorities:
- Build community knowledge on child development and parenting skills
- Prevent child abuse and neglect
- Increase access to quality and affordable childcare
- Increase access to quality and affordable housing and economic security
In alignment with the Community Change Agenda (CCA), Best Start Network Building Organizational Grants are designed to build lasting engagement, commitment, and sustainability in the Best Start work.
Funding requests ranging from a maximum of $10,000 – $25,000 will be considered.
- Requests for Proposals made available: March 24, 2021
- Grant Program Information Session: April 1, 2021 @ 4-5pm
- Requests for Proposals due: April 12, 2021 @ 12pm
- Grant decisions made: May 2021
You will be informed by email if your grant has been approved or declined.
- Applicants must have programs operating within the service area of Best Start Region 4
- Applicants must operate without illegal discrimination on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin or disability.
- Events that have a religious or political focus are not eligible.
- All grantees will be required to participate in The Nonprofit Partnership’s systems change evaluation process.
GRANT INFORMATION SESSIONS
There will be one information session in each Best Start Region 4 community. The information session is not mandatory and will not impact your ability to receive funding.
April 1st 4-5pm via Zoom
Register here to receive the link: https://forms.gle/LLFWN9Nua2wMLWFZ7
Additionally, any questions about this grant can be sent to Christina Hall, Best Start Program Manager or David McGill, Best Start Program Coordinator by email at email@example.com.
PROPOSAL EVALUATION CRITERA
Proposals are evaluated by a review committee who will determine the extent to which they meet the following criteria:
- Proposed program is compatible with your organization’s mission and the purpose of grant program stated above
- The program effectively addresses the identified Community Change Agenda priority and can produce an impactful and innovative solution
- The organization effectively describes how they can help grow the partnership and add value to the Community Change Agenda
- Reflects experience with targeted community(ies) and access to the populations to be served
- Objectives are clear, compelling, measurable, and achievable within the funding period
- There is a realistic budget to support the program proposed demonstrating efficiency in use of funds (such as sharing equipment, leveraging or matching funds, or seeking support from multiple sources)
Proposals must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 12:00 p.m. on April 12, 2021. In the subject line of your email state the grant program and your organization’s name.