After School Tutors (Operation Jump Start)
Now Hiring: After School Tutors
Long Beach, CA
Tutors are responsible for leading one-on-one or small group lessons that cater to the needs and goals of OJS students.
• Assisting students with homework, projects, test preparation, papers, research, and other academic tasks
• Working with students to help them understand key concepts, especially those learned in the classroom
• Teaching skills to improve academic performance, including study strategies, note-taking skills, and approaches to answering test questions
• Demonstrating academic best practices for specific subjects and assignments, including research and writing tactics
• Developing and distributing learning materials to supplement classroom lessons, including study guides; online resources, or software
• Conducting practice tests to track progress, identify areas of improvement, and help set goals for exam preparation
• Providing students positive and constructive feedback
• Offering feedback on progress to students’ parents/MSW counselors and student success/access coordinators where appropriate
• Tracking regular attendance to our tutoring center known as the Learning Resource Center.
• Other duties may include grade checks, staffing lab and ensuring students’ grades and participation increase semester over the semester (where applicable); attending periodic staff/program team meetings.
Pay: $22.00 – $24.00 per hour
Job type: Part-time
Number of openings for this position: 2
• Monday to Thursday
Tutoring experience: 1+ years required
How to apply:
Email resume and cover letter to Executive Director, Irene Quevedo: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications without cover letters will not be reviewed. No phone calls.