Administrative Manager (Casa Youth Shelter)
The Administrative Manager participates as a member of the management team, directly reports to the Director of Operations, and assists in implementing policies and procedures to meet organizational objectives. The Administrative Manager (AM) assists with all office services, event coordination, and community relations. The AM provides a wide variety of skilled administrative and clerical support, assists with special projects, and provides support for the Executive Director, the Program and Clinical Director, and the Director of Operations. The Administrative Manager coordinates maintenance of all facilities, manages in-kind donations, and maintains all vendor and accounts payable files. The AM is also responsible for updating and maintaining all personnel files and payroll records.
- Participate as member of the management team to formulate and implement policies and procedures to meet the organizations objectives
- Support the organization’s administrative services, which include office management, human resources, facility maintenance, security, communications, technical support, event coordination, and community relations
- Coordinate maintenance and upkeep of facilities, grounds, storage units, and shelter van
- Assist with special projects and provide support at all major events
- Provide support to Shelter Program Manager, as needed
- Input data of all newly hired Field Workers, Youth Supervisors, Counselors, and Volunteers into database system (FileMaker Pro); work with vendors to order business cards, name badges, plaques, and other supplies
- Maintain payroll by collecting, calculating, and entering data; keep updated personnel records
- Maintain hours log as needed for licensing and federal reporting purposes for all active personnel; input training hours into FMP
- Assist volunteer groups and service organizations who wish to engage with the shelter
- Provide training and onboarding for shelter volunteers, as needed. Coordinate with Volunteer Corps Coordinator to recruit, retain, and recognize volunteers.
- Stay up to date with Human Resource policies and regulations
FINANCES AND FUNDRAISING
- Prepare and process deposits
- Input and maintain gift card records
- Process and organize donations that come in through the administrative office
- Assist with data entry in DonorPerfect. Input and maintain in-kind donations in DonorPerfect..
- Create and send donor acknowledgement letters and emails through DonorPerfect
- Provide support in all areas of QuickBooks, Accounts Payable, and Accounts Receivable
- Interact positively and professionally with donors, supporters, and visitors to the shelter
- Provide a wide variety of skilled administrative and clerical support for the Executive Director, Program and Clinical Director, and Director of Operations
- Order supplies for shelter and administration; assist with maintenance of office equipment
- Maintain organized office filing systems; file copies of bills and correspondence with vendors
- Responsible for incoming and outgoing mail – including sending invoices and greeting cards
- Prepare orientation, outreach, and marketing packets
- Assist Director of Operations with maintenance of data and IT infrastructure
- Keep Community Room and administrative offices organized and presentable
- Prepare for and attend board and staff meetings, and record minutes as requested
- Passion for Casa Youth Shelter’s mission of helping youth in crisis and their families.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Creative self-starter with a proven ability to multitask.
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently within tight time-frames, in an environment with quickly shifting priorities and high expectations.
- Strong planning, project, and time management skills. Established ability to meet deadlines and keep accurate records.
- Possess the skills to motivate and collaborate with staff, Board members, volunteers, outside agencies, and other individuals and community groups.
- Display energetic and positive demeanor; demonstrate compassion and flexibility.
- Ability to appropriately relate to diverse personnel.
- Available to work occasional evenings, weekends, and early mornings.
- Ability to think strategically, to seek opportunities and propose solutions for challenges that arise
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university, or equivalent experience, is preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications required. Experience with DonorPerfect, QuickBooks, and FileMaker Pro a plus.
- Must pass a full background check from the FBI and California Community Care Licensing.
- Must provide educational transcripts, evidence of healthcare clearance, recent negative TB test, current positive DMV driving record, and proof of automobile insurance coverage.
Salary and Benefits
This is a full-time, hourly position. We anticipate a starting rate in the range of $20-$23 per hour, depending on qualifications, with the following benefits:
- Medical, dental & life insurance (up to 100% of employee premium paid based on selected coverage)
- Aflac and 403b options available
- 11 paid holidays, plus a personal day for one’s birthday
- Three weeks paid time off (increasing to five weeks based on years of service)
- Monthly stipend for use of personal cell phone
- Flexible work schedule and opportunities for occasional remote work are possible, however majority remote work is not possible for this role.
Casa Youth Shelter is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to Apply
Casa Youth Shelter welcomes applications from qualified candidates. Please email a letter of interest and resume to email@example.com. Please include “Administrative Manager Application” in the subject line. Review of qualifications will begin on March 5, 2021.
ABOUT CASA YOUTH SHELTER
Our Mission: Casa Youth Shelter serves and nurtures youth in crisis with shelter, counseling, and support services, empowering them to come through their crisis with increased confidence, stability, and tools for continued growth. We envision a community where all adolescents in crisis have a safe place to stay, in an environment that promotes personal growth and healthy relationships.
Our Services: For 42+ years, Casa Youth Shelter has successfully provided immediate care, shelter, and mental health services to youth in crisis. Casa Youth Shelter provides 24/7, year-round emergency shelter care to youth, ages 12-17, experiencing homelessness, abuse, and other crises. Our program includes 12 licensed beds in a homelike setting, daily home-cooked meals, counseling (individual, family, and group), life skills classes, educational tutoring, expressive therapies, parenting classes, and case management services to assist with housing, food, employment, and educational needs. Upon exit, clients receive aftercare counseling (individual and family) and continued access to parenting classes, a teen drop-in group, and case management services. While we welcome residents from anywhere, our primary focus areas include cities throughout Orange and Los Angeles Counties where poverty and homelessness are prevalent. We are located in Los Alamitos, CA.