Administrative Assistant (Rotary Club of Long Beach)
The Administrative Assistant assists the Executive Director of the Rotary Club of Long Beach in the administrative, fiscal and program functions needed to effectively operate and sustain the club. A major responsibility entails weekly hybrid meeting set-up and implementation for in-person and Zoom audience. Demonstrates excellent customer relations skills, knowledge of office systems & procedures and computers. Exercises judgement, discretion and confidentiality.
Description of Primary Duties:
- Functions as support staff for Executive Director and President on matters relating to the operations and management of the club.
- Prepares weekly (and other) meeting presentation slides, guest/reservation lists, meal sales, etc. Operates and/or overseas the operation of Zoom hosting, camera, and AV equipment. Supervises the volunteers for set-up and break-down of the Zoom, camera, and AV equipment at the meetings.
- Processes accounts receivable (cash, checks, credit card, ACH) transactions into QuickBooks and into the merchant electronic services software. Prepares/provides invoices for dues, meal, donations, other activities. Advises and assists in the collection of receivables from members/guests.
- Updates member information and maintains the membership database for the club, District 5320 and Rotary International.
- Provides support to the Long Beach Rotary Charitable Foundation as determined by the Rotary Club of Long Beach and the Long Beach Rotary Charitable Foundation.
- Sends out birthday cards/pledges and works with Sergeant-at-Arms in the notification/confirmation of birthdays and other recognition presentations.
- Maintains office supply inventory and equipment.
- Updates club website. Monitors and posts social media messages for the club.
- Answers office phone.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Office and/or non-profit organization experience.
- Expert knowledge in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel/Power Point, and QuickBooks.
- Must be well organized, efficient, and self-motivated.
- Must be detail-oriented and able to manage multiple tasks.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, tact and diplomacy required for volunteer team management.
- Must be able to maintain confidential information.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time doing administrative and computer work.
- Must be able to regularly lift at least 25 pounds and capable of doing tasks that entail bending over and reaching overhead.
Position reports to: Executive Director
Hours per week: Approximately 20 hours/week
Salary range: $20-$22.50/hr
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.