Administrative Assistant (Archstone Foundation)
General Description: The Administrative Assistant provides administrative support to the Foundation, working directly with the Executive Assistant & Bookkeeper and Program team. The Administrative Assistant serves as initial contact for the Foundation and performs a variety of general clerical duties. S/he must be comfortable with computers, general office tasks, and excel at both verbal and written communication.
- General office duties such as filing, scanning and copying documents, and general correspondence;
- Monitors office supply inventory, orders office supplies, and other materials as necessary;
- Maintains the office reception area, kitchen/breakroom (purchasing and restocking supplies), board room, and workroom, including: copier/printer/fax machine;
- Processes requests for material, including: annual reports and publications;
- Answer telephones (screening and routing callers as appropriate) and greet visitors,
- Processes incoming, outgoing and overnight express mail;
- Orders Foundation business cards, letterhead and envelopes;
- Coordinates meeting and event logistics (hotel, flights, rental cars) for staff, presenters/speakers, and Board Members as requested;
- Coordinates catering, parking, and room set-up for all in-house meetings;
- Assists with logistics pertaining to offsite Board meetings, and special events;
- Updates the Calendar Year of Activities for staff meetings;
- Attends monthly staff meetings;
- Assists with the coordination of on-site and off-site storage retrieval, transfer and tracking; and
- Completes other duties as assigned.
Assistance with Bookkeeping:
- Assists in processing check requests for monthly operating expenses, quarterly directors’ fees, and expense reimbursements for staff and Board members;
- Assists with the monthly credit card statements payment processing;
- Processes credit card receipts for staff pre and post travel as requested;
- Assists with bank deposit transactions;
- Copies monthly bank reconciliations for all bank accounts; and
- Assists with preparations leading to the Foundation’s monthly accountant’s visit.
Assistance with Program:
- Supports Foundation’s grantmaking process, including logging in payment information, generating payment letters, binder assembly for Letter of Inquiry (LOI) staff review meetings, and maintaining filing systems;
- Assists with production, assembly, and shipping of Board and Committee meeting materials (including updating and printing of Binder cover sheets;
- Assist program staff with preparing binders for proposal reviews for annual conferences; and
- Assists program staff with scheduling conference calls, site visits, and other various meetings.
Assistance with Communication:
- Responds to Foundation’s electronic inquiries initiated through the website;
- Updates and maintains the Foundation’s e-mail database;
- Assists Communications Officer with special communication projects as needed;
- Sets up for and schedules calls and meetings;
- Supports the Foundation with its social media as needed;
- Attends monthly communications meetings; and
- Provides research support via internet.
Qualifications: The individual shall have excellent administrative, organizational, confidentiality, written and oral communication skills. The individual shall also possess a strong work ethic, high energy level, be detail orientated and know how to work collegially as a member of a team.
- Two years of administrative support experience in multi-task, deadline-orientated environment, preferably in a non-profit or grantmaking organization;
- Proficiency in E-mail, Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and Power Point;
- Proficiency with multi-line phone system;
- Quickbooks, Salesforce, Twitter, and LinkedIn experience (preferred but not required);
- A solid understanding and ability to work with database programs/platforms;
- Proficiency in written and oral communication;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills to effectively interact with co-workers, prospective grantees, Board members, and the general public; and
- Ability to work under pressure.
- A.A. or equivalent experience.
The Administrative Assistant reports to the Foundation’s Executive Assistant & Bookkeeper.
Compensation: Based on experience and qualifications. Benefits include medical, dental, long term disability insurance; 403b retirement plan with match; vacation, sick leave and holidays; parking and mileage.
Please submit a resume and cover letter via e-mail attention:
301 East Ocean Blvd
Long Beach, CA 90802