Administration and Grants Manager (Long Beach Community Foundation)
Title: Administration and Grants Manager
Type: Full-time Salaried (exempt)
Reports to: President & CEO
Compensation: Salary to commensurate with experience. Health insurance, a company matching retirement plan, vacation, holiday, and sick time pay is available to eligible employees.
The Long Beach Community Foundation (LBCF) is a 501 (c) 3, tax-exempt charitable organization. Our mission is to initiate positive change for Long Beach through charitable giving, stewardship, and strategic grant-making.
Position Description Summary: The Administration and Grants Manager reports to the President/CEO and oversees the Foundation’s administration, grantmaking, scholarship programs, donor relations, serves as the primarily liaison with the Foundation’s back office accounting provider – Greater Horizons, and ensures all company policies are followed. The Administration and Grants Manager works closely with the CEO in the full range of organization‐wide strategic and management issues to support the organization’s continued growth.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
• Facilitate donor communication with the Foundation’s existing donors to ensure a first‐rate experience.
• Ensures timely communications – both proactive and reactive ‐ with all donors, venders and anyone contacting the Foundation.
• Has a firm understanding of all functions of the Foundation.
• Delivers compelling and useful tools and services for donor engagement.
• Maintains donor physical and electronic files in a secure and organized manner.
• Works with auditors to ensure information is provided timely and accurate.
• Files annual National Standards, employee benefits, IRS, State and Federal documents and certifications.
• Improves, integrates, and executes best practices in gift processing, donor recognition, reporting, and prospect research.
• Attends meetings of the Board and all Board committees.
• Participates in and assists with Foundation events and represents the Foundation at community functions as requested by the President & CEO, which occasionally fall outside of normal working hours.
• Other duties as assigned.
- Experience: 5 or more years related experience, preferably in a foundation or nonprofit environment, or related field.
- Education: A degree in business, accounting, finance, marketing, nonprofit management, law, or a related field.
- Knowledge of the Long Beach community.
Achieves high expectations; positive, team work approach; client centric; excellent customer service; high attention to detail; organized; demonstrated ability to engage and collaborate with peers and diverse groups; understands importance of and adheres to very high standards of service and integrity; ability to exercise discretion with highly sensitive and confidential information; demonstrates good judgment in working with a diverse population; demonstrates commitment to the community, including but not limited to professional achievements and volunteer experience. Practices a high level of soft skills: respectfulness, strong work ethic, positivity, teamwork, communication, active listening, empathy, problem solving and growth mindset.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Strong management skills – goal orientation; accountability; organizational and analytical skills; strong decision‐making and prioritization capabilities; ability to relate, encourage, collaborate with colleagues (peers and reports) and the Foundation’s external partners.
• An energetic, optimistic approach and outlook.
• A genuine concern for social impact.
• Friendly, positive, can-do attitude.
• Adheres to the highest ethical standards.
• High degree of personal and professional integrity.
• Commitment to the Foundation’s mission and values.
• Personal enthusiasm for – and a commitment to – philanthropy.
• Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to interact respectfully with people of diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and cultures.
• Commitment to excellence and learning; well-organized and self-motivated.
• Ability to engage in self-observation and improvement.
• Ability to give and receive feedback.
• Proficient with all Microsoft Office applications.
• Experience in a community foundation is recommended, but not required.
Disclaimer: This description should not be construed to contain every function or responsibility that may be required to be performed by an incumbent in this job classification. This job description is intended to be general and will evolve over time. The description is subject to periodic updating. At management’s discretion, the employee may be assigned different or additional duties from time to time.
To apply, email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “LBCF Administration & Grants Manager” in the subject line.