Accounting and Payroll Specialist (Long Beach Day Nursery)
The Accounting and Payroll Specialist is a full-time (40 hours per week) position and is a well-rounded accounting position which assists with all areas within finance, including payroll processing. If you are interested in working with a close-knit team for an organization that makes a difference in the community, this position might be a great match for you!
This position is typically Monday-Friday with some limited weekend and evening hours for special events. LBDN has some flexibility in scheduling the hours of work which will be discussed with the selected candidate.
About Long Beach Day Nursery (LBDN)
For over 108 years, LBDN has been a proven leader in the nonprofit and early childhood education (ECE) fields. Our growing organization shares a passion for our mission, to “provide high quality early care and education to young children of working families”, a focus that is more critical now than ever.
At LBDN, our work is rewarding and our culture is supportive, inclusive, innovative, and fun! This position is eligible for medical, dental, vision, life insurance, paid vacation, sick leave and holidays.
Accounting Summary of Responsibilities (75%):
- Perform general accounting for the finance department.
- Accurate processing and management of Accounts Payable and Receivable.
- Accurate and timely Payroll Management for 50+ nonexempt employees.
Operations and HR Summary of Responsibilities (15%):
- Procurement policy compliance
- Purchasing, bids and vendor management
- Facilities support
- Benefits Administration
- Wage and Hour issue resolution
- Unemployment claims management
- Maintain Employee Files
Administrative Support/Special Projects (10%):
- Document retention
- General office duties
Summary of Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 3-5 years of directly related experience, including payroll, A/R and A/P.
- Experience with ADP’s WorkforceNow.
- Knowledge of accounting for government grants.
- Working Knowledge of California Wage and Hour and HR Regulations.
- Working Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Must be highly skilled in the use of Excel spreadsheets and QuickBooks.
- A proven track record in managing complex accounting including grant accounting practices.
- Associate(s) Degree or higher in accounting or finance, or equivalent experience.
- Excellent professional habits including team orientation and working well with others, providing outstanding customer service, ethical and confidential, detail oriented with exceptional follow-through.
Thank you for your interest! Please submit a letter of interest and resume to be considered. We are unable to accept direct inquiries about this position (i.e. phone calls, direct emails).
Compensation: $26 – $31.25 per hour dependent on education and experience